Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Feeling Thankful

What an amazing day we had today! I left school yesterday all planned and ready for our half day of learning:


Knowing I wasn't going to get through all of it, I had some fun, academic activities all ready to go.

While the students were working on a color by sight word turkey packet for morning warm up, I had remembered that Ms. Conceison mentioned she was collecting cards to pass out at a soup kitchen she is volunteering at on Thanksgiving. My plans shifted and we spent the morning having a heartfelt conversation about feeling thankful and what that means. 


These are all from the mouths of the kids! After our conversation, we all went back to our seats and made cards for those who are less fortunate. Reminding them that they are loved and wished well. 





The end result was beautiful:


Then we had just enough time to talk a bit about the first settlers and Native Americans. We also happen to have a student of Wampanoag descent in our classroom who shared some photos and talked a bit about some of her experiences.




Wow!! Today was definitely a reminder about why I love my job. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to become a part of your child's life. I am one lucky gal!

PS we never touched any more of the planned activities I had. Last minute planning at its best! :)

May you all have a wonderful thanksgiving with your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment